Repeatedly we have churches describe to us the significant amount of exasperation they went through during their church chair buying experience. They will communicate to us “We never would have believed it would be so frustrating!” In fact, that has become a familiar refrain our team has heard far too often. The reality though is that the purchase of new worship chairs for your church in no way needs to be such a stressful journey. Let’s take a look at five easy pointers that can remove the stress and result in a prudent purchase.
- Start your church chair purchasing journey early! The easiest way to remove the pressure and stress of a church chair purchase is to get started early on the task. I like to suggest a six month lead time to churches. While some manufacturers and importers carry some chairs in stock already produced, the reality is that those chairs are produced in very limited fabric selections and frame finishes. In addition, the inventory levels can fluctuate greatly during different parts of the year. Did you know that from the time a church chair manufacturer receives a production order for church chairs, to the time those chairs are ready for delivery, averages about twelve to fourteen weeks? We like to recommend to churches that they allocate about three months for the process of determining their church chairs and then plan on three months for the production of those same church chairs. Six months seems to be a timespan that consistently proves out well.
- Use Church Chair Finder to get the lowest prices at the outset! It is no surprise that churches will look first to the Internet when beginning a worship chair purchase. It is not as if there is a church chair store down by Starbucks! And once they begin searching the Internet, they will certainly discover there is a seemingly endless number of church chair manufacturers and importers and distributors. They will each ask your church to contact them for more information and if you do so, your church will immediately become the latest target for a great number of salespeople. We recommend beginning with the free services of Church Chair Finder! You can fill out a confidential form and begin receiving information and church chair quotes, but because your personal information is protected for your project, you have a chance to evaluate first and contact personally later!
- Make sure to acquire samples of the church chairs you decide to consider! It is critical that your church not make any church chair purchase until you obtain an exact sample of the chair you are considering. We like to share with churches that just as each committee member would never dream of purchasing a new automobile without kicking the tires, you should never consider purchasing new church chairs without having the same opportunity with them! We have found that those church chair manufacturers and distributors who possess a church chair of quality will more often than naught make it easy for your church to acquire a sample chair. And we have also found the opposite to be the case, that those church chair importers and manufacturers selling inferior chairs will likely not make it easy for your church to acquire one of their chairs as a sample. That should indicate something to your church!
- Insist on church chair references and contact them! Church chair manufacturers and dealers will keep a record of all their church chair sales. Ask your salesperson for the names of a few of those customers in your geographical proximity as you would like to check with a few past customers. If the salesperson is reluctant to provide those contacts to you, that likely is an additional indicator that you are not working with a quality church chair supplier. If they do provide you those requested contacts, make sure to call and connect with each and also make some onsite visits if geography allows. Observe how long each church has had their chairs and what sort of condition they are in presently.
- Pull the trigger on your church chair purchase and look forward to receiving your chairs! When your church chair order is placed, the biggest part of your task is now over. And if you have adhered to the steps listed above, you can anticipate the arrival of your new church chairs with the full confidence of a job well done. When the truck with your new church chairs does reach your church, be sure and count your chairs accurately to make sure all did in fact arrive. Also, if you observe any obvious or suspected damage to your chairs, perhaps occurring during the shipping process, it is always important to note that well on your bill of lading before signing for your new church chairs. But overall at this point, the most important thing is that your church now enjoy their new church chairs!